Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbal Remedies to Balance the Mind, Body and Spirit in Los Angeles
Wellness To Be provides traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbal Remedies, some of the oldest healing methods passed on and improved through the generations. Our health solutions are offered to patients residing in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood and throughout Los Angeles. Chinese Herbal Medicine composes a small, yet significant part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, also known as TCM. For thousands of years, Taoist philosophy states that humans belong to the universe through a series of different interwoven forces. When an imbalance occurs between different external forces, as well as external and internal forces, disease and illness transpire. Balancing forces through preventative methods, such as herbal medicines, help to ensure individual health and wellness.
Herbal medicine may be referred to as herbalism, herbal remedies, and botanical medicine, which describes the use of an herb or plant for medicinal or therapeutic purposes. Extracting and utilizing active ingredients from plant products, flowers, seeds, bark, or roots results in a natural approach to treating ailments and common sicknesses. Using and combining different forms of herbal medicines has proven successful in treating a variety of disease. Studies show that roughly one fourth of pharmaceutical prescription medications stem from plant products. In recent decades, herbal medicine and medicinal techniques have grown in popularity as a result of negative side effects and complications from Western medications. Herbal medications, on the other hand, have virtually no risks or side effects. Before taking any form of traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, it is important to inform your acupuncturist of doctor of any food allergies you may have.
Although there are no regulations regarding herbal medicines, our team of professional health experts are all Practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine, who have completed extensive training in a four year post graduate program. We are certified to recommend and distribute different types of herbal medicines. Herbal medicines may be used in conjunction with other forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine, such as cupping, moxibustion, acupuncture, or suggested Traditional Chinese Medicine Diet to promote a balanced mind, body, and spirit. To learn more about Wellness To Be’s traditional Chinese medicine, contact us today!
With Wellness To Be, we provide a diverse assortment of herbal medicines that may be used to help prevent and treat common illnesses. Some common herbs may include, but are not limited to:
- Stemona Root [Bai Bu] Used for skin issues and anti-fungal purposes
- Licorice Root [Gan Cao] Anti-allergy, anti-inflammation, and anti-cancer; Licorice root helps to detoxify the body’s liver, promoting a well body and mind
- Red Rose [Rose Rugosa] Helps to regulate qi (energy)
- Goji Berries [Gou Qi Zi] Associated with longevity of life; treats many visual problems; helps to ensure healthy and well-balanced liver and lungs
- Jujube Herb [Da Zao] Acts as a calming agent, especially for emotional distress; helps to encourage healthy spleen activity
- Ginger [Jiāng] Warms the stomach and spleen and aids proper digestion.
- Female Ginseng [Dong Quai] Used primarily to aid the health of women during painful menstruation, pelvic pains, and recovery after childbirth
- Rhubarb [Dàhuáng] helps blood circulation
- Chamomile [Huáng chūnjú] High in antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile helps sooth upset stomachs from nausea to stomach flu, and acts as a calming agent